Experienced • Established • Effective

You can file a lawsuit if you’re hurt at the hospital

On Behalf of | Feb 3, 2017 | Hospital Negligence |

Hospital negligence is a serious problem that causes many patients to leave the hospital with new, short- or long-term injuries. Some even pass away because of the negligence they’re shown. If you’re a victim of negligence, you know how much it can impact your life. A failed diagnosis, wrong-site surgery or other errors can change your life instantly.

What kinds of negligence are there?

Hospital negligence could include things like hiring a doctor with an expired license or with a mottled past. If a hospital doesn’t take time to review who it hires to verify their backgrounds, that’s negligent and dangerous for patients.

Negligence could include failing to make sure enough medical providers are on call or on staff over the holidays or during the week, putting patients at risk. Slip-and-fall accidents that take place on hospital grounds may also be part of hospital negligence claims related to premises liability.

What happens after a hospital’s negligence leads to injury?

When you’re hurt because of a hospital’s actions or inaction, the hospital can be held liable. If a doctor, nurse or other staff member injures you, the facility and its owner or board could be held liable through vicarious liability laws. Vicarious liability is a doctrine that states that an employer can be held liable for the actions of its employees.

In the case that a doctor, nurse or other staff member is an independent contractor, the hospital may not be held liable in all cases, though there is still the possibility. This is something that is handled on a case-by-case basis.

Our website has more information about hospital errors and what to do if you’ve been injured. You deserve to be compensated for the suffering you’ve been put through.


Email our firm

Contact The Law Offices of Judy Snyder

4248 Galewood Street
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035

Lake Oswego Office

Local: 503-894-7478
Fax: (971) 277-3894